How You Can Beat 97% Of The Pack

Summary: How to Beat 97% of Your Business Competitors – Those with specific, written goals for their future – researchers polled them 20 years later and found that the 3% with goals had accumulated more personal financial wealth than the other 97% of the class combined.

When I was seventeen I remember doing a program called Discovery.

How You Can Beat 97% Of The Pack

I think I was the only teenager who paid for half the fee and begged and pleaded their parents to let them go.

Basically, it was a course which taught a lot of life skills from motivation to how to deal with conflict… kind of like an Anthony Robbins for teenagers.


Anyway, I remember them doing this exercise at the course where they talked about how when a plane flies from Sydney to New York, it is off course for about 97% of the flight.

But it always reaches its destination.

And there’s a very simple reason for this. The pilot knows where he is going. The pilot has a flight plan. And the pilot knows how to get back on track.

And if the pilot isn’t paying attention, the auto-pilot adjusts the plane automatically.

Pretty cool, huh.

And here’s the thing: when you are clear on your goals and where you are going, you have your own automatic pilot which keeps you on course.

For instance, if you’re a real estate agent and know you want to double your income by the end of the year and have that goal in mind, then you are unlikely to be pulled off course by…

  • negative thinking

  • the latest business idea

  • avoiding the hard yards such as making the phone calls or distributing the letters and thank you cards etc.

NO, you’re going to be focused on where you want to go. And your unconscious mind is going to be working with you instead of against you, sort of like your own personal co-pilot.

So do yourself a favour and set some goals today.

And then break them down into…

  • 12 month goals

  • 12 week goals

  • 12 day goals

  • 12 hour goals

It’s certainly worth doing.

Just take a look at this story I first heard from motivational speaker, Brian Tracy…

In 1953, researchers surveyed Yale’s graduating seniors to determine how many of them had specific, written goals for their future.


The answer: 3%

Twenty years later, researchers polled the surviving members of the Class of 1953 – and found that the 3% with goals had accumulated more personal financial wealth than the other 97% of the class combined.


So make the decision to write down your goals today.


Copyright ?? 2010 Scott Bywater

Goal-Setting Software! GoalPro from Success Studios!

Goal Setting is now as easy as the Click of a Mouse!

Success Studios Corporation has announced the launching of their latest success-management system — GoalPro. Now you may define, track, maintain, and achieve your success with the most effective success-management application on the web.

Download your 30-day trial version today and see for yourself why literally thousands of individuals look to Success Studios to manage their success efforts and goals.

Achieve Your Goals NOW!

Goal Pro Online Also Available:

There is no software to download or install, and you may access your goal success routine from home, office, or any computer with an internet connection and compatible browser (Windows, Mac, etc).

Subscribe Today!!!

Goal-Setting Online!
GoalPro is a Trademark of Success Studios Corporation.

— Scott Bywater is a direct mail copywriter and the author of Cash-Flow Advertising. To get access to his highly prized complimentary copy of ‘7 Ways To Get More Customers” (valued at $29.95) and to join his controversial and insighful “Copywriting Selling Secrets” newsletter where you’ll uncover the truth about why most ads and sales letters don’t work (and how to make yours stand out from the rest) head on over to his web site at http://www.copywritingthatsells.com.au/

View all contributions by

Search Engine Specialist - 12 year veteran SEO with multiple top 20 ComScore properties publishing experience. Enterprise level across international, mobile, and social media spheres. Advisor to startups for pre-launch optimization and ongoing SEO consulting.

Comments on this entry are closed.