We’re among those who believe that reciprocal linking is dead as a useful search engine ranking and traffic driving tool and that you should link only to sites that benefit site visitors without regard to reciprocal relationships. Here are some additional articles of interest on the death of linking:
- Google Jagger (November, 2005) Update, a Reciprocal Links Killer
- Reciprocal Linking Silliness
- Linking Psychosis is Treatable
- Reciprocal Linking is DEAD!
- Reciprocal Linking in a Coma
- Buying Links from PageRank Pushers for Short Term High
For about two years now,[UPDATE this was written in 2005 – that means for almost 8 years] we’ve sent the following boilerplate letter in response to every request for links from our sites:
Our linking policy is to link only to those who provide useful and relevant content for our site which benefits visitors. If you would like to contribute an article, case study or relevant text content for Website101, We’d be happy to consider using it and link to your site through a resource box at the end of that contributed content.
If you would like to know more about our linking policy, please read the following article.