These days, many people are looking to supplement, or even replace their income by starting an online venture. Even though the .com boom has come and gone, there are still ample opportunities out there for the average person to make their presence known online and create an abundant, steady income. Here are some of the top online business ideas for 2011.
- Freelance Writing: If you love to write, and have a good grasp of your native language, you can make some decent money from freelancing. You are in total control of how much you make, just by choosing how much you want to work, and how many clients you want to take on. There are hundreds of business owners out there who need help writing articles for their and newsletters, website content and more.
- Network Marketing: If you consider yourself a people person and love to sell, then network marketing could be for you. There is a cost to get started, and it varies from company to company. There are hundreds of products you could sell, everything from vitamins to personal security items. It’s not for everyone, and it does take time to get started, but this industry has created many millionaires.
- Affiliate Marketing: Similar to network marketing, except you sell a product or service only once to a customer, and there is no residual or passive income. Have you read a great book, or tried a product that you absolutely love? Set up a website, and sell it to others; in exchange, you’ll receive a portion of the proceeds.
- Google AdSense: If you have a website, sign up for a Google AdSense account (it’s free.) Google will place ads on your site, similar to the product or service you are already selling. When your visitors click on the ads, you get paid. It’s as simple as that!
- E-Bay: Do you have stuff to sell? Are you an avid garage sale enthusiast? Put your treasures online to sell for a profit! There are many people who make their living just by running an e-bay store.
- Create a Product or Service: Do you have a great idea for a product or service? Put it online and sell from your website. Find some affiliates and offer them a percentage of the profits if they will sell it as well.
- Website Design: If you have a creative flair and know html as well as other programming languages, why not create your own website design business? There is always a demand for quality designers and people are willing to pay top dollar for good work.
- Blogs/newsletters: Create a blog or newsletter surrounding a subject you know about and are passionate about. Eventually, once you have enough subscribers, you’ll be able to sell advertising and make money.
- SEO Consultant: Any online business owner will tell you that their number one concern is getting found in the search engines. You can provide them with this service on an on-going basis and charge for your services.
- Information Professional: Many business owners do not have time or the patience to do their own online research. You can provide them with whatever information they need, just by doing some internet research. This will help them make informed, timely business decisions.
Amber Tate is a proponent of online marketing and its lucrative nature. Starting up your own business is difficult but not impossible. Cut down on expenses you don’t need and save everywhere you can by getting affordable health insurance premiums using an online insurance comparison service.