Cloud computing is rapidly changing the way in which businesses use today’s modern technology. This is a reason why many enterprises have jumped into the cloud, so to speak, and taken advantage of the services offered for business infrastructure, applications, operating platforms, data storage and more. Interestingly enough, many small businesses find using cloud computing services is a far better economical proposition than continuing any efforts at running proprietary data centers.
Recent Experience Reveals Impact
In the past five years, the concept of cloud services has grown from what was once the offer of “virtual” storage to expanding what once were on-premise limitations due to hardware and software availability. Cloud computing has recently allowed enterprises of varying sizes to gain access to infrastructure and technology that were once limited due to financial resources. Not any more, though, since a cloud-powered business takes advantage of any technology that can help it operate and grow. Therefore, investment in cloud sourcing may be the most important business decision needed to be made.
Why Cloud Sourcing?
Simply put, cloud sourcing allows a business to operate at higher levels while using less resources. Since there is no investment in proprietary software or hardware that changes frequently, businesses can maximize these investment dollars and use unspent capital in other areas growing the bottom line. This is especially true for enterprises seeking small business ecommerce solutions. Attempts at making money online can be expensive if all that is needed has to be purchased and installed. Think about it. One of the major cost factors running an effective online business is providing interactive applications that make the seller/buyer partnership easy to experience and productive for both. There are five distinct benefits any business will realize from cloud sourcing that include
1. Cost Reduction – The company realizes hardware (computer) reductions with no need for costly operating or storage machinery – it’s done in the cloud. Simple computer stations that access cloud resources such as software applications and network management eliminate the need for costly computer product purchases. Additionally, use of cloud sourcing is typically on a pay-for-what-is-used basis.
2. Storage Scalability – Allows a business the opportunity to possess a never-ending storage capacity that eliminates any need to purchase additional hardware or software to meet growth demands. When organizations operate in-house storage, upfront purchase (capitalization) fees can be tremendous. Through cloud sourcing, businesses pay on a monthly basis for services used allowing for greater budget efficiency.
3. No Costly Updates – Cloud sourcing will eliminate those costly software program updates manufacturers seem to enjoy every so often compelling current clients to shell out more money to stay current.
4. Anywhere Access – Is a key benefit derived through cloud sourcing. Business employees, partners and clients alike will have the capabilities working from anywhere with Internet access so there is never a need to go to the office on weekends or nights to do needed work.
5. Data Not in Danger – Cloud sourcing eliminates any potential data loss due to disasters such as a structure fire and/or collapse. Instead of all your valuable data sitting in that broom closet converted into a server room, there is no danger from power loss or outage due to a storm making this one of the more important features using cloud sourcing as a choice for small business ecommerce solutions.
Richard Brown is a writer from Los Angeles, CA who covers finance topics.