WebSite101 started sharing some basic internet statistics in 1998, but the web evolves so quickly that it’s necessary to stay up-to-date constantly. There are dozens of sources for individual internet stats and it’s tough to track them down, so we’d like to begin gathering some for our visitors so they are easy to understand and not just dry lists, charts and graphs. What follows is a great video from Jesse Thomas of Jess3.com – sources for the stats are shown in the last seconds of the video.
1.73 Billion Internet Users (September 2009)
- 67,371,700 in Africa
- 20,970,490 in Oceania / Australia
- 179,031,479 in Latin America / Caribbean
- 252,908,000 in North America
- 738,257,230 in Asia
90 Trillion Emails sent in 2009 – with 81% of that Spam
- 247 Billion average emails sent per day
- 200 Billion Spam Emails per day
- 1.4 Billion Email Users worldwide
234 Million Websites online as of December 2009
126 Million blogs on the Internet (BlogPulse)
27.3 Million Tweets per day at Twitter
260 Billion Page Views per Month at FaceBook
- 6 Million page views per minute
- 37.4 Trillion pageviews per year
- 350 million people on FaceBook
- 2.5 Billion photos uploaded to FaceBook monthly
- 30 billion photos would be hosted at Facebook in a year
- 1 Billion YouTube Videos are viewed per day on YouTube
- 12.2 Billion viewed on YouTube per Month in U.S.
- Hulu shows 924 Million Videos per month
- Average person views 182 Videos per month in the U.S.
- 82% of US Internet users watch videos online
A January 2010 survey showed 206,741,990 sites active online.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Remarkable Stats on the State of the Internet [VIDEO] (mashable.com)